TowerRAID TR8M-BP - 8 Bay eSATA RAID 0/1/10/5/JBOD Performance Tower w/ 6G PCIe Card (Black)
Click to enlarge
- Additional Images (4)
- Related Products (1)
The TowerRAID TR8M-BP is a compact RAID tower utilizing the latest SATA II port multiplier technology where two eSATA cable connects to eight SATA hard drives. Bundled with a high performance PCIe 2.0 x1 RAID controller card RR622, its RAID 5 performance is capable of reaching over 250MB/s. Online expansion is a feature included in the controller card which allows the RAID to be expanded without the need to recreate the storage space or erase the existing data. Advanced monitoring functions include real time hard drives health status and e-mail notification for critical events. Designed with easy installation in mind, the TR8M-BP is designed with eight hot-swappable tray modules so that hard drives could be removed and installed with ease. The included dual-port eSATA 6Gb/s PCIe 2.0 x1 RAID controller card allows the connection of eight harddrives using only two cables, while all drives could be configured into a single or multiple RAID arrays, providing over 200MB/s in performance.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please refer to the list below:
- Seagate 500GB (ST3500514NS)
- Seagate 750GB (ST3750330NS)
- Seagate 1TB (ST31000524NS)
- Seagate 2TB (ST32000644NS)
- Western Digital 500GB (WD5002ABYS)
- Western Digital 1TB (WD1002FBYS)
- Western Digital 2TB (WD2003FYYS)
- Hitachi 500GB (0F11000)
- Hitachi 1TB (0A39289)
- Hitachi 2TB (0F10452)
- Hitachi 2TB (0F12456)
- Bundled with RR622 RAID controller card for over 250MB/s of RAID 5 performance.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 5+ spare, spanning and JBOD.
- Backward compatible with PCIe 1.0.
- Supports online expansion to expand capacity without the need to recreate the RAID volume and erase the existing data.
- Built-in real time hard drive health monitoring and e-mail notification for critical events.
- Supports PC, Linux and MAC OS;;including Windows 7 and Snow Leopard.
- Accesses eight hard drives using only two cables.
- Host interface: eSATA with Port Multiplier.
- Drive interface: 8 x 3.5" SATA I / SATA II.