The MobileSTOR MS28XP is an 8-bay 2.5" SAS/SATA/SSD RAID 5 tower with mini-SAS connection for high transfer rates of up to 650MB/s. Designed to use with 2.5" hard drives of different sizes and both SAS and SATA interfaces, the MS28XP supports both 9.5mm standard height and 12.5mm height small form factor (SFF). The MS28XP is bundled with a high-performance RAID controller card (RR2722, PCIe 2.0 x8 6G RAID controller) that offloads complicated RAID calculations from the computer to lower CPU utilization. High performance can be achieved with a lower cost of ownership compared to RAID embedded subsystems. RAID setup and maintenance could be controlled via built-in web browser interfaces, and the unit is supportive of e-mail notification and real-time event logs. Utilizing high bandwidth mini-SAS (SFF-8088) cabling, the MS28XP supports 6Gb/s SAS or SATA hard drives to deliver superior read / write speeds that are crucial in performance-driven environments such as video editing industry and high performance computers. The mini-SAS connection connects eight hard drives connections into two ports, reducing possible points of failures, while preserving uninterrupted data transfer. The MS28XP also supports SATA drives, allowing users the option to choose between high performance and high capacity storage solutions. Windows, MAC, Linux and VMware ESX/ESXi 4.1 are supported.
Note: Sans Digital recommends the use of enterprise hard drives when in use with any RAID controller applications. Standard desktop or green desktop drive may not be supported and may compromise RAID system stability and performance. For more information on the difference between RAID and desktop hard drives, please see the Western Digital knowledge base. For a list of compatible RAID Edition SATA hard drives, please refer to the list below:
- Seagate 500GB (ST9500620NS)
- Seagate 1TB (ST91000640NS)
- Complete RAID storage solutions, no extra components needed.
- Supports Eight 2.5-inch 6G SAS or 6G SATA or SSD hard disk drives in tower form factor.
- PCIe 2.0 x8 6G controller allows the offload of RAID calculation to controller card.
- Supports RAID 0, 1, 1+0, 5 and JBOD with hot spare.
- Supports SSD, SAS and SATA hard drives.
- Easy to set up Web-browser interface.
- High Performance delivery over 1,650MB/s read and 1,100MB/s write performance.
- Backplane design supporting the hot-swap of SATA 6G and SAS 6G hard drives with removable trays.
- Supports 9.5mm and 12.5mm hard drives height.
- Supports plug & play for easy installation.
- Real time temperature and fail LEDs.
- Supports PC, MAC and Linux. VMware ESX/ESXi 4.0 supported.
1 Case 6 Cases 10 CasesAs low as